The Windsor Experience. The Right Choice.
Windsor Gardens Convalescent Center of San Diego is a skilled nursing facility that has been serving this community for over 20 years. We provide short-term, long-term and rehabilitation services and strive to help our residents increase their independence and reach their highest level of functionality.
Windsor Gardens of San Diego was founded on a fundamental guiding principle: Your loved one is somebody special who deserves the very best and who will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
What makes Windsor Gardens unique and separates us from other facilities is the ability to provide person-centered care with a loving touch. This is accomplished by having attentive and caring staff assembled. We are so unique in our services that we encourage you to ask us about two of our favorite services for residents, exclusive pet services and our delicious menu. Our attentive and caring staff would love to answer all your questions.
In an effort to make as many residents feel at home as possible, our nursing staff is fluent in several languages. At least one nurse speaks Spanish, Tagalog, and Chinese.
The rehab team at Windsor Gardens has well qualified physical, occupational and speech therapists who work with some of the most complex post-surgical care needs and have helped countless severe stroke patients restore to their highest level of function. We look forward to caring for your or your loved ones needs and appreciate your trust in allowing us to care for you.
- Best in class wound care and rehabilitation department (all our treatment nurses are wound certified).
- Our residents love the home like setting.
- Our facility is bright and open
- We have a friendly, up beat staff
- We offer a family style environment for our residents
- Communication is key among nursing, administration, and residents families
- All beds are Medicare and Medicaid certified.
- Medical director and physicians review each resident throughout their stay.
- Medical director makes daily rounds to residents
- Labs and x rays are done in house, no need to travel elsewhere
- Our rehab department includes: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology.
- Every room has a TV, cable, WiFi access and telephone hookups.
- Admissions are processed 24/7.
We are proud to share with you our accomplishments as a facility and staff. We work hard to give you what is best and it shows through our awards and customer service surveys. Here are some of our recent accomplishments that set us above the rest:
- We received 10 out of 15 Pinnacle Awards in recognition for our Customer Care Satisfaction
- Our resident re integration back into the community is above average.
- Our re-admission and re-hospitalization rates are way below the state average.
- Out of 5 facilities, we were chosen by the American Health Association to pilot Interact 3.
Interact 3 information:
INTERACT is a quality improvement program designed to improve the early identification, assessment, documentation, and communication about changes in the status of residents in skilled nursing facilities. The goal of INTERACT is to improve care and reduce the frequency of potentially avoidable transfers to the acute hospital. Such transfers can result in numerous complications of hospitalization, and billions of dollars in unnecessary health care expenditures.
Administrator – Fatima Goncalves
Director of Nursing – Winnie Wong
Director of Rehabilitation – Karen Henry
Director of Activities – Maciel Bracamontes
Director of Business Development – Jason Barritt
“I did my clinicals here in 2013. The staff is very knowledgeable and know how to handle situations in a fast corresponding manner. It is a very busy place, just like all other convalescent homes, due to all the patients with different levels of care. As I was there for a month I witnessed the awesome things they do for the patients living here. They have a great enthusiastic activities coordinator and all the CNAs providing care are very knowledgeable in what they do. I will always be very thankful for the opportunity to do my clinicals here in Feb. 2013. I don’t remember everyone’s name, but Norma was great at what she did as well as everyone else. I highly recommend this convalescent home for your loved ones!” – Yesenia H.
“Excellent staff. Outstanding care. This is a top notch place and I am delighted to report that this has been a most wonderful experience for my family members recovery. Thank you to all who provided such exquisite care.” – E.M.